Sunday, September 7, 2014

Last week...

 ...was a nice short work week; which we love!!  We got to spend some time with the kiddos.  Below, Jack and Leo with their AHA First Aid (fingers?) a freebie from work - now that I look closer I can see our old brand - Learn and Live - our new branding takes effect in November - Life is Why



Maybe they will be right handed, just noticing this as well.
At the end of the week, Chad and I escaped to Pleasantiville AKA the ranch in east Texas.  Chad thought I should learn how to use his spinning reel, so he demonstrated several times, how easy it is to catch fish with that tool.
"...you just cast it out like so...

...then you reel in the fish like so...

...then you reel in another fish like so...
...and that's pretty much all there is to it"!  Easy for him to say, nah - he really is a good instructor and very patient with me.  Cant remember how many times he had to reel in my line for me, since it kept getting stuck in the vegetation at the bottom of the lake.  I do think I can use the spinning reel now, maybe I will try again in November, when we venture out around Thanksgiving.

HLR was lovely and fragrant as usual, the temp was very comfortable.  I noticed the winds picking up after we had finished supper.  So we decided to hop up in bed and watch Cast Away while the storm raged outside, this was so comfy and cozy until we lost the power in our unit. I think we were only without power for an hour, but wow what a storm!  Even though we were safe and sound inside, my car was taking a beating out under the pine trees, once the storm died down a little Chad moved it for me, and noticed a limb had landed on the hood, denting it a little; sure hope HLR will take responsibility for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment